The Sign of the Beaver

by - 1:46 PM


For Book Club, our last book was the Sign of the Beaver.  At book club, Andrew made me my first bow and arrow.  It's made out of a palm branch.  He told me to not shoot arrows with it yet, because we aren't suppose to until it is a dry bow.  I pretended thought that I was an Indian with poison arrows and fire arrows.  We all played together, and had times.  Andrew used his knife to cut off branches, he put his foot down to tie the loops, so that it looked like bows and would stay bent, till he got the string on it.  Britt is going to teach me, he's my sensai.  Andrew's friend Dillion had an ax made out of a stick and an armadillo plate.  They had the strongest weapons.






We also made tee-pees.  We dipped ice cream cones into the chocolate, and then into the sprinkles.  Then in the top we added our pretzels in.  Then we got to eat them.  Then we traded with the boys and they got to make their tee-pees.  Andrew and Dillon wouldn't help Britt with his weapons then, because they ran into to make their tee-pees.  Wyatt, Britt's friend had the smallest bow and arrow, and he tried to shoot me, but he couldn't, I was too fast.





My favorite part of the book was when they rescued the dog from the trap.  My favorite person was Atem's sister.  My least favorite part was when they had to go, but the baby died.  He worked so hard to make his momma a cradle, but the baby died.  I can't wait to do the next book about a little fighting mouse.


You May Also Like

0 random thoughts