Student of Life

by - 5:05 PM


It's funny just how well some of these topics from two completely different individuals have meshed.  We were asked for a photo of the place that our "Angel Baby" was born, and told to also be a student of life, to reach out and learn something new.  Our daughter was born at Holy Spirit Hospital in Camp Hill, PA.  I mostly have really poor memories of that place, a bad taste in my mouth.  Though I will confess that it is really my doctor's across the parking lot that are at fault.  The hospital did nothing wrong, but it's a place I never again want to visit.  I very vividly remember three pine trees out our window all day.  the way the sun changed and moved across them.  After our follow up appointment, I had Gary stop and I picked up a pine cone to add to Abigail's memory box.  It's nearly the same size as she was.  It was fatter, but she was a bit longer.

I have always loved learning.  If I could be a professional student I would.  Today, it happened that on our lesson plans I had a history channel movie.  Everyone knows about the 3 Great Pyramids of Giza.  But, today we learned about the missing 4th Pyramid.  We learned about the theories of 100 years ago, and then saw how they disproved it.  The kids enjoyed it, and it was wonderful to be able to talk to them about historiography a subject I found fascinating in college.

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts