Life Is Short

by - 11:10 AM

Life is so very short, as CarlyMarie pointed out today.  Too short to waste not showing others that we love them.  Predictably that was hard to do in the way I wanted today.  I had to take away Sewing with 4H from Ruth today, because she wouldn't get her school work done.  She was doddling all day. Rebecca was difficult and I had to send her to bed.  But I tried my best to be patient, and even when it's tough love, I did what was best.  Today is a day also about dates, to have had such a short life, there are so many dates, that seem to loom through the year.  There is the date I found out I was pregnant May 5th.  The date we made our picture to announce May 21st.  The day we told the family, May 29th, the day before Britt's baptism.  The last day I felt her move July 30th.  The date we found out she was gone August 24th.  The day she was born August 25th.  Her due date Dec 31, 2015.  She was to share a birthday with her grandfather, with Mister.  I have trouble with the beginning of May it's starting down that path again in my mind, and as I've mentioned this time of year that follows her birthday, especially into October is hard.  July 30th is always hard too, because I have this nagging feeling that I just should have known.  Then New Year's Eve is really hard too.  Because everyone around me is so happy, and I just want to curl up in a ball and cry.  It use to be the best part of the year.  Our Church has a camp out that has always been the best fellowship time, and it's the anniversary of the day that Gary asked me to marry him.  But know it's also an unfulfilled birthday.  I don't know when it will stop being such a bitter day for me.

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts