Favorite Grief Quote

by - 10:38 AM

I'm using two different stillbirth prompts this month.  I'm following CarlyMarie's and a PAILS Photo Challenge a friend is using.  Some of the prompts this time don't really feel like that fit me, so I may write on both or just one or the other.

CarlyMarie was a Rise and Shine Mourning Ritual, telling us to find a new way to bring our child into our day each morning.  I don't really see a reason to do that, she's a part of every day, I think of her often.  I don't feel like I really need a ritual for that.

For the Photo Challenge we were asked about our favorite grief quote.  Voltaire once wrote that "Tears are the silent language of grief."  That is very true, though not all tears can be seen.  A great comfort to me since our loss, follows that line of thinking, is Psalm 56:8.  The idea that God sees and saves all my tears, and is touched by the grief I experience is comforting.  We so often feel alone in our grief, and it's comforting to know, that I'm not alone, even if I feel like it.  I drew up a coloring sheet today for it.


You May Also Like

0 random thoughts