Make Believe

by - 1:54 PM


Today's picture is to show our child's siblings and our rainbows.  And we were told to make believe that our child is with us all day, and show kindness and compassion, make them proud.  This morning, we went to a play and enjoyed hanging out with another homeschooling family.  I wondered if Abigail would have been as entranced by the actors and Rebecca and Kate seemed to be.  I wondered if she would have been an enthusiastic clapper like Ruth or be like Rebecca who thought clapping in the middle was dumb.  We've been listening to the first Harry Potter book on audio in the car, and at lunch with Daddy at BK the kids were all discussing what they thought would happen next, and I wondered if she too would have been using a french fry as a wand.  We headed out to the car, and a jerk in the car next to us, loudly complained about my kids getting into the car, and pulled out.  I was livid, she couldn't wait another 30 seconds, and could have run them over, as I was putting Kate's car seat in on the other side.  But after complaining to Gary, I got it together, so that the kids didn't know any difference.  We did our school work and house work when we got home, and even though I was tired, I tried to dig deeper for more patience.  After dropping Ruth off at GEMS and Britt off at 4H, Rebecca and I had a "Rebecca and Momma day" and played Candyland 3 times.  I wondered if Abigail would like Candyland, but I know she couldn't have been as boisteriously excited about it as Rebecca is.  Then I cooked supper for tonight, and put together supper for later in the week.  We all ate when Gary got home, and then did our nightly Bible reading at the table.  Then I decided to let them stay up a little later than usual to watch one of the movies that has to go back to the library on Thursday.  I liked to imagine a fourth little person cramming onto a loveseat meant for 2, to watch Land Before Time 4,751.  It was a good day.

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts