A Day to Shine

by - 11:25 PM

We were told to spread joy today where ever we went, in memory of our child.  I didn't share Abigail with anyone, but I tried my best to be positive and encouraging.  We knocked out part of school at home this morning.  Then the kids had their first session of homeschool PE while I went to a women's Bible study.  When someone said they heard I had 4 kids, rather than correct her, for today I just smiled and said yes.  I tried to be encouraging and share my beliefs.  We then spent several hours at the library doing school work, picking out books, and settling on a few movies.  Finally we took a very exasperating trip to the grocery store, but I tried extra hard to be forgiving, patient, and not commit road rage in a very packed store with a buggy, while dragging 4 kids through the aisles.  It was exhausting.

We were also asked to share about a charity or organization that meant something to us.  I would share that a great help to me has been the support groups and reading the stories shared at Still Standing Magazine.  We also took some of what we were given and set it aside to help others who have been through this hellish experience.  It has been a comfort to know that from the comfort and help we were give that we can help others.  Sis. Kate was always such a comfort to me, and there was a verse that she loved, that so described her, II Corinthians 1:4 "Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God."

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts