Monday, February 18, 2008

Led Astray

We were led astray by an under shepard this weekend. Brittany and Bethany's blog have plenty of incrimidating pictures, but I'll be happy to share some of the stories, from John's green pants to his experience with my neice, poor child she'll never recover I'm sure.
"Yadamec, Elder Yadamec" our very own top secret 007 agent kept us in stitches most of the weekend. It seems that anytime I talk to him or see him I am the butt of most of the jokes, and this weekend was no exceptions. John also was proud to lead us straight to Will Mizel's room for a little good natured fun. He and Brittany skipped out on Saturday night service to go on a date, and as if that wasn't bad enough they stayed out so late that we had plenty of time to plan a great prank.
Poor Will managed no sleep. When we all headed to bed about 2, he stumbled into his room, and couldn't turn on the lights because John unscrewed all of the light bulbs. He went into the bathroom, but Gary, yes my husband, had serran wrapped his toliet. When he went for the towels they were all wet, once again thanks to John. Sis. Cathy (Brittany's moma) and I short-sheeted all the beds, with a little help from Greg, so he said, "I couldn't get the bed to work right." Then before heading out John had put his church shoes in the fridge, so Will didn't find those till the next morning. The girls cut the air WAY down, so he liked to have froze to death. Gary set the alarm clock for 3:30, and since he couldn't get the phone to connect in Will's room, he went back to ours and called to get him a wake up call for 6 and had to explain that the phone in Will's room wasn't working, so not only did Will about smash the phone in, but then he had to get up and answer the door for the maid that walked to his room to give him a wake up call, it was priceless.

In tribute to John we quoted him on the church sign this morning. He told us that there was scriptural proof that the disciples were just a bunch of clowns. After all Acts tells us that there were 120 all in one accord.

8 comments:

Brittany's mama said...

I do hope that everyone who attended the Fl. Fellowship Meeting enjoyed themselves and I pray that the weekend will be remembered for the splended preaching and the wonderful fellowship. I pray that my good intentions and light hearted fun did not over shadow the true blessings from the meeting.

Brittany said...

Will and I enjoy church meetings more than ANYTHING! But as most of you know -long distance relationships are hard. In order to make it work, we try to make the most of our time together. I am sorry if some might have been offended by our dinner out.

Lest any of you be confused, Will was quite the gentleman and had me back long before the parentals assigned curfew. I thought midnight was pretty early considering the fact that we were able to enjoy y'alls fellowship AFTER we returned that evening.

My hat is off to Will for handling himself the way he did. His character is quite admirable!

Dani said...

Wow, I take a day off and come back and a million people were here. Amazing.

Jon...
We appreciated getting to see you very much, and had a good time. Hopefully we will run into you again sometime before the next FFM.

Will...
If you stop by, it was good to finally meet you, and we approve of you, whole heartedly. Can't wait to see you again, and see what you have instore for us! :)

Brittany's mama...
I promise I'm going to get around to posting about the meeting, and not just the silliness.

Brittany...
Don't worry. I don't think anyone was remotely offended by ya'll having a little time to yourself. Remember Gary and I made the 11 hours apart thing work.

John said...

Okay, first of all, don't know what the first comment on this page is. I certainly didn't leave it. Second, how in the world did you convince Eld. Abernathy to let you put that on the marquis??? Third, let me clarify that it was a very spiritual meeting, with excellent preaching and singing. Fourth, that I was not the instigator nor the primary implementer of the pranks. Fifth, Brittany, we certainly were just teasing about missing the meeting, although it would've been great to have both of you there with us the whole time. Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon!

jsarber said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! I'm sorry I missed it.

Kelly Spezzano said...

John has a Blog!! Hooray!!
I was at the church this evening and the sign did not stay like that. I think the girls were just making their own photo opportunity! :) The sign does actually have a very good message of being in one accord and one mind! But I assure you, nothing about clowns or your name :)

John said...

Sorry to disappoint Kelly, but no blog, just my google ID. Maybe one of these days. As much as I travel, it might be fun to document the trips.

strem said...

All I can say is MY OH MY! Wish I had been there... for the meeting most of all - but also for the fellowship.