Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Broccoli & Rice Casserole

This is one of my favorite reciepes that Mother makes, she got it from Grandmother. It's great to carry to church or have for family gatherings.

20 oz of Frozen chopped Broccoli
1 cup of Rice
1 large onion
2 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 1/2 cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese (medium or sharp is best)
save 1/2 cup to go on top

Cok Rice according to direction on package. Cook broccoli and drain well. Saute onion in a little margarine and mix all ingrediants together. Put in a buttered casserole dish (9x11) inches. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Yeilds 10 servings. This casserole may also be prepared and frozen if you wanted to make it ahead of time. Take out and let thaw at room temperature before baking.

4 comments:

lydia said...

This is a favorite around our house, especially at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Your recipe is a little different than ours. I'm looking forward to trying it.

Kelly Spezzano said...

Did you bring this to church this past Sunday? I was commenting at lunch how good it was! If not your's somebody's! :)

strem said...

I was going to post the recipe for my mom's broccoli, cheese & rice casserole later in the week because it is my absolute favorite. So, maybe I will switch... or maybe I'll just post two recipes one day. This looks like a good version, though!

~*Rachel*~ said...

I LOVE BROCCOLI AND RICE CASSEROLES! It's been forever since I've had some tho, so I am deffinitly going to make this soon...yumm-o!

Thanks for sharing!