Intention

by - 6:21 PM

10-02-2015, Capture Your Grief - Day 2 - Intention

I've been pondering what I would write for today, ever since I saw the topic at the beginning of the week. I've re-read the directions for today's topic a few times. Perhaps it is too recent, the loss of Abigail to fresh to focus on more than getting through each day. It is difficult to think of anything long term between the combination of being out of work and without her.

I have tried to though, and realized that there was already something that I had changed. A shift that I hadn't thought much about. First, I intend to spend more time with the kids, and less time on all the stuff around the house. I have always been a bit too attached to stuff. I hate to give up something that was a gift, even if I don't care for it. I hate to get rid of something only to need it later. I really hate to part with paper things (like books, school things, and handwritten cards). That means every single Monday I spend all day cleaning and organizing. Then I spend a ridiculous amount of time during the week with regular upkeep. I don't know how many times Britt has asked me to play a game, or do a puzzle, or read a book, and I've said, no. No, I have to do laundry. No, I have to go through all the papers on the desk. No, I can't right now. Secondly, I have come to the solution that to help cut back on upkeep I need to get rid of pretty much everything that we don't really need. We started that this weekend with a yard sale. Since we picked the worst weekend ever, we are going to try a repeat in two weekends before it gets too cold. We are going to be doing some major paring down around here. Third, we are going to find more ways, and more chances to do things as a family. Time as I have discovered is rather finite and I want to make memories today not waste time dusting.

So, here I am making that decision official by selling (or donating) the stuff we don't need. And recording it in the planner. If it's in my book it's a done deal.


You May Also Like

0 random thoughts