Brittisms for the Month

by - 2:14 PM

Some of these may be a repeat for those of you on Facebook. I thought I should save these "perfectly normal" conversations with Britt, so enjoy.

Brittism #1 - The following is a conversation I had with Britt today, after he repeated for about the 400th time in a row, my marching orders to Ruth. She seems to think I am bossy with my sister sometimes.


Momma: Britt, I give the orders, you sit quietly.
Britt: (quieter now) But, I wanna give orders.
Momma: You can give orders when you grow up and become a Daddy.
Britt: When I be a Daddy?
Momma: In a long time.
Britt: Ohhhhhh. (long pause) You're not a Daddy. Momma's a Ma'am!

Brittism #2 - Occured during dinner the same day...

Momma: Britt, could you please eat one bite of carrots?
Britt( who is on his third helping of mash potatotes): No, thank you, Momma. I am eating pobabos right now. Sorry.
Daddy: At least he's polite about it.

Brittism #3 - During our annual meeting Britt had on my brown suit for Church and Daddy was putting his shoes on for him...

Momma: You two are handsome.
Britt: I not handsome. I a wittle boy.
Momma: Handsome just means you look nice. Do you look nice, Britt?
Britt: I not nice! I a wittle boy, Momma!

Brittism #4 - Britt was outside standing up next to the cows talking to them. After I watched him for nearly an hour from the kitchen window, I walked to the door and called...

Momma: Britt are you ready to come inside.
Britt: No, Momma. I talking to the cows.
(She walked out to me with mine chair. I said thank you and sat down.)
Momma: What are you talking to the cows about?
Britt: Cranes.
Momma: Do they like the cranes in their pasture?
Britt: Yes, Momma, but they would like me to feed them more. Let's feed them oranges!
(She didn't have any idea that cows were so conversant, but sure enough we got some produce from the house and they rather enjoyed the pretty wilted, left over celery.)

Brittism #5 - In our attempts to potty train Britt...

Momma: Let's go to the bathroom again.
Britt: No, thank you Momma. I don't want to go.
Momma: Don't you want to be a big boy, and wear big boy underwear like Daddy?
Britt: Nope, I like my bapers (diapers) just fine!

Brittism #6 - On cows...

Britt: Cows drink milk from a cup?
Momma: No, baby cows drink milk from their Momma.
Britt: Their Momma give them milk like Momma and Daddy give Britt milk.
Momma: Yes.
Daddy: You drink milk, and cows drink mild. Are you a cow?
Britt: No Daddy, I not a cow. I a little boy!

Brittism #7 - You should know that Britt likes "Cat in the Hat" alot and that in one episode Sally goes to get silk thread for her swirly, swirly, princess dress. In what is beginning to be an every Sunday occurance...

Britt: Ruth has on a swirly, swirly princess dress?
Momma: Yes.
Britt: Momma has on a swirly, swirly princess dress, too.
Momma: Yes.
Britt: I want a swirly, swirly princess dress too!
Momma: No, you are going to wear a handsome suit, like Daddy.
Britt: I not want a suit, I like a swirly, swirly princess dress.
... (Hours later in the lunchroom at Church, surrounded by all of his cousins - Brystal, Lilli, and Julia - who are spinning in circles) ...
Britt: (grumpily muttering) Everybody has a swirly, swirly princess dress but me!

You May Also Like

1 random thoughts