Swedish Potatoes

by - 12:53 PM















One of the first links I found on Pinterest was this recipe for Swedish Potatoes. Gary and I finally got around to trying them Monday night. The recipe was surprisingly simple and incredible tasty. To go with them, we had the grilled chicken a recipe that I got from Sis. Liz York (which by the way, is one of our standbys now that we eat almost every week), and a Strawberry Spinach Salad.

The thought that the potatoes were fabulous, but Gary thought the garlic was a little too strong, so next time we won't use as much garlic in them. I think he put a bit of garlic in every other spot where he cut them. We ate them with a little more butter drizzled across the top, and some sour cream. If you are a fan of baked potatoes or pan fried potatoes I suggest you try it.

We have modified the chicken recipe a little bit. Since Gary typically grills the chicken out on the grill, we don't use the liquid smoke when cooking outside. We also add 2 teaspoons of onion powder. We have used several types of mustard, the regular, honey mustard, and the spicy brown, and we like the spicy/bold brown mustard best.

The Spinach Strawberry Salad is actually a recipe that we have quite a bit, in fact it's the only way we like to eat spinach. (Well, actually I love a good spinach cheese dip, but Gary doesn't.) It goes with almost everything. I was surprised to find it on allrecipe.com awhile ago, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised at it, I'm sure I'm my family isn't the first family to eat it. The key to it, is in how long you leave the dressing in the fridge before you serve it. The shorter time it's there the warmer and spicier it taste, it's got a great slightly sweet taste if you leave it in there long enough. I personally like it slightly vinegary taste over the sweet Florida strawberries.

You May Also Like

1 random thoughts