Britt's Birthday Party

by - 1:42 PM

Yesterday for Britt's birthday, we a just did a little something for him. We started to just do him a couple of cupcakes and the four of us be here with him, but I'm glad we did a little more. This was the first time he seemed to understand what was going on. When he got up I asked him if he knew what today was and he didn't so I told him it was his birthday. I kept randomly asking him all morning what it was until he would answer me "It's mine birffday!" I tried to tell him he was 3 and he kept telling me no, that he was a "wittle boy." We finally got him to tell us he was three and show us when I asked him what number he was now. We told him it was also Sis. Mildred's birthday, so that he could tell her happy birthday at Church, but he kept insisting that no it was Sis. Wid-e-a's (Lydia's) birthday.


He sung to himself at Church, and was very excited after he realized that he got some special surprises for his birthday. We let him pick out breakfast, and Gary thought he would pick cinnamon rolls, but I wasn't surprised at all that he picked pancakes. I let him eat a cookie before supper, and he got as many capri-suns as he wanted yesterday. I wanted to make him a pizza that looked like the ones from Pizza Planet, but Gary didn't think we had enough time so we just made cheesy bread. The cheese bread was fabulous. I tried making two different kinds of cookies - Woody's star badges and a brown version of Jessie's Cowboy hat (to be Woody's hat), but the stars just didn't turn out at all and the hat would have probably looked better if I had actually remembered to by some icing for them. I looked at a couple of different ideas for cupcakes: Buzz, the aliens, but I decided to let Publix do that. It was out of my limited baking ability range. Pinterest was great for ideas though. I asked him if he had a good birthday several times and he always replied "Yes, Momma!"

His three cousins came over the the house and they all played outside on the swingset, and ate pizza and cupcakes and cookies, and all after dark destroyed the living room and bedroom. Meanwhile us adults sat around and visited, it was a great evening. Britt was thrilled to death with all of his presents and I read him the cards and messages on the computer, and he was surprised how many people wrote him notes for his birthday. After everyone went home Britt and Ruth spent some time in the bathtub while I cleaned up their room. Then Britt called Grumps and Ahna and then Grandmother and Granddaddy on Skype. By the time he got in bed at 11:30 he was wore out, a little cranky, but went to sleep fast!

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts