Pizza

by - 10:47 AM

As you may have guessed we've been trying to do a little more cooking around here lately. I would like to be a better cook, and I know it's unfair to expect Gary to do all the cooking, even if he does enjoy it. I have about three meals that I can cook without too much trouble, and no one wants to eat oven fried chicken, tacos, or roast every night. It would be nice to expand my horizons a bit. When Gary and I first got married I cooked dinner almost every night, until I got pregnant with Britt and merely smelling cold, uncooked food made me sick. Gary took over cooking, and he really loves it, but I would like to help him with that when he starts back to work. (Which we hope will be very, very soon.)

I've been saving interesting or easy looking recipes on Pinterest. One that I came across was for pizza crust. I liked it for a couple of reasons, one being that I wanted to make pizza for Britt's birthday (Gary nixed the idea, because of time constrains), but the other is because it would give me the chance to try baking bread with yeast. I've been thinking awhile about doing some serious bread baking. I always enjoyed baking (it's nothing like cooking) and I've been wanting to try out the kneading attachment on my Kitchenaid for a while. And this seemed to be a simple initial recipe to try.

The dough recipe comes with a cheesy bread recipe which is fantastic. The explanations are very clear, and there are plenty of good pictures. The only time consuming part was waiting for the dough to rise. The recipe makes enough for either two pizzas or a cheesy bread and a pizza. We made one of each. Gary says he thinks the pizza was too expensive to be worth it. (Do you have any idea what a quarter pound of mozerella cheese cost? and pepperoni too?) Oh it was so delicious though. We ate tons of it, and liked it so well, that we made the dough to make more cheesy bread for Britt's birthday. I have a feeling we'll be trying more of her recipes.

You May Also Like

2 random thoughts