Bass Pro Shop

by - 3:04 PM

This past weekend Daddy had a meeting in Orlando. Me and Momma and Ruth went along with him, but we did fun things instead of going to Daddy's meetings. Daddy says he had lots of fun like a kid in a candy shop, but I doubt he had as much fun as I did. I don't know anything about candy shops (which Momma says is a very good thing) but I can tell you about Bass Pro Shop.

Momma dropped Daddy off at his meeting on Thursday and then we went over to our hotel to check in. It was a really nice place with lots of water and ducks. It had a really cool pool too that I wanted to get in, but I never made it down there. Anyway, on Friday Memaw and Mister came over just to play with me for the weekend. It was wonderful!
Memaw brought movies like Jungle Book for me to watch and we had lots of fun looking out the windows and stuff, but I had the most fun with Mister. I liked watching the ducks and turtles around the hotel and Mister never failed to help me find them. Then he found a momma duck with 11 baby ducks (Momma said they are called ducklings). He was really funny because he helped me try to catch one. We almost had him too, but Memaw called us off.
Mister said if we were going to catch a duck, then we needed a pot to cook it in, so on Saturday he took me to his and Daddy's favorite store - Bass Pro Shop. It was the most wonderful place in the world! First we went over to the big fish tank to see all the huge fish. Some were as big as me. Then we found a guy who had a 4 and 1/2 ft gator. I didn't really want to touch it, but I did finally poke the tip of his nose. He also had a big snake, but I wasn't interested in it at all.
Next we walked around and saw all kinds of animals. I found a truck ball cover that looked like a deer that I carried around with me for a while. Then I found bunches of deer on the walls, and even a "ous" (moose). Then Mister stopped and looked at cast iron pots and pans and stuff for a while. So I went to show Momma all of the boats. Next, Memaw pushed me around in the buggy while I pointed out all the animals and told her what they say. We saw a plastic owl, some decoy ducks, a boar the size of our buggy (that Momma told me was like a pig), we saw a dog chasing birds (Momma said they were pheasants), and we saw a "cacoon" (raccoon).
Then Mister caught up to us and we walked by the arcade where there was a hunting game. We watched him play and I looked around at all the animals there were stuffed gators, and "cats" (bobcats), and "baas" (Momma said they were mountain goats, but they looked like sheep to me. Momma even saw some armadillos, but I was so busy looking around I must have missed it. I saw a new animal too, a possum. I just smiled and said yeah, every time Momma tried to get me to say what it was though.
The only thing that I didn't like at all was this great big shark that they had hanging from the ceiling. Mister showed it to me, and Momma wanted to get a picture, but when Mister got me out, I hung on to him for dear life, and wanted back into the buggy. I'm not stupid, Memaw showed me the story about Nemo that morning, and those sharks were trying to eat everyone. I didn't want to get eaten.
When it was time to go, they were making key chains outside, so Mister and I sat down on the bench to make a leather key chain. First, he held it and let me tap the hammer on the metal piece that leaves a print, but he said I didn't hit it hard enough. He hit it several times and I got to get another mallet and I hit on the table. We had a great time together.

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts