My First Softball Game

by - 8:14 PM

Yesterday was my first softball game.  Our team was losing, and when we got on base, we didn't get a point.  After the first inning they had 3 pts.  But in the last inning Natty hit a home run, when we had 2 on base.  Then two more girls hit and made it home.  So we won 5-3.  Our second game, today, we won 3-0, and I got the game ball.  I got it because he said, I didn't give up.  I kept a good attitude.  Sometimes they call you Little Bit, I'm the youngest on the team, but I fouled off two balls this week with the pitching machine.


Coach Eric works with Daddy, and he mostly makes us run to the wall and back after switches, and before we start throwing.  In our first practice, one of the coaches put the glove down, it would be like a base, we had to run around it and back, and if we complained we had to do it again.  Then he buyed some white spray paint, and some bases from last year, so we ran all the bases and he marked out a field.  And Coach Eric taught us to say, "infield go one, outfield go two."  Sometimes to say, "infield go closest bag, outfield go second."  He's a very good coach.


Softball is different from t-ball because our Coach pitches with a pitching machine.  They are also a little bit bigger balls, and it's really a little bit harder for me to catch.  You are really competing, in t-ball you can hit anytime, but in softball, if you don't swing the bat at the right time, you can't hit the ball.  It's also more exciting than t-ball, because there's no outs or points, but in softball there's everything.


You May Also Like

0 random thoughts