My First Minor Baseball Game

by - 9:47 PM

Tonight was my first baseball game in minors.  At the beginning when the guys first started batting we got three points.  I missed when I swung two times.  The last strike it was way over my head but I swung at it so it was a strike.  When Eunice went up to bat, he got hit by the ball and got on first base.  Aiden got to third base, he hit and got on first, then stole all the way to third base.  We also had another good hit, and he got all the way to second.  At the end it was 7-2, we won!  We could have played longer, but Coach says it's not nice to make other teams look like garbage.  He said we all did great.  And even though I didn't get the game ball, he said it wasn't only him that made us win, but that we were a whole team working together.  I had a good time, it was really fun.  Even if I had to stay in one time, and couldn't hit the ball.

It's different from Rookie ball, because we can steal bases.  We also have a better idea about what another team is bringing at us, what they can do.  We have more things that we can do to try to win.  It's different too because we are going against each other instead of our coach using a pitching machine.  I can't wait to play again tomorrow night.

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts