Organizing Bedrooms

by - 1:20 PM

I just love a clean and organized house. And it's that time of year again where I feel like we need to get on top of things again because we have gotten all kinds of disorganized.




 Britt's room was my first project. I decided to drag his bed out from against the wall for him to clean all the trash, toys, and clothes from that bottomless pit, when he asked if we could move the bed so that he could get to stuff without asking me to move it. So after thinking about it. I told him we could try moving it to the other wall to see if it fit. So we swapped his Chester drawers and bed, then, cleaned out his closet. Short couple hour project back on Feb. 28th.





After that I had enough of listening to Ruth and Rebecca argue and decided I wanted to go ahead and separate the girls. We had discussed moving Rebecca and Kate in together sometime toward the end of the year. I mentioned it to Gary, but he was less excited. So last Monday I started disassembling the bunk beds. That night we moved the full bed back in and made the girls share it, and all day Tuesday I worked on Ruth's room, and on Wednesday I finished moving all the stuff I had been storing in Kates closet to the now empty half of Ruth's. A mom on our T-ball team offered us some things her daughter had out grown. So Ruth got a nice Real Baby boy made by Cabbage Patch and a Tinker Bell chair for her.






 On Tuesday all I did for Rebecca was reassemble the bunk bed with alot of help from Ruth. All day Wednesday and the part of Thursday that I was home I worked on Rebecca and Kate's room. I even put up the wall clings that came with Kate's bedding that I had never decided what to do with them. Oddly enough Rebecca's favorite part is the closet. She has all her breakable stuff from her bookcase on the dresser in there. She is also using it as her "changing room."  She has been most excited about taking baths with Kate and getting to keep all their bathstuff in there, and not get it out for Ruth. She also likes picking out Kate's clothes when she gets hers out. I have to really insist if I want to do it. Rebecca also got some baby doll stuff from our T-ball mom which she has played with almost constantly and has been trying to teach Kate how to play with them. Rebecca decided the twin babies are for Kate and she's given her the kissy doll that she doesn't play with anymore.

All in all everyone seems happy with the new arrangements.

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts