Garden

by - 1:01 PM

2-25, Gary tilling.
Gary worked on breaking up the ground for our garden the week before the Fellowship Meeting.  We planted a little bit of everything the following week, Febuary the 29th.  Daddy and I tried planting a little garden once when I was growing up, but it didn't do much.  The birds got the strawberries, most of the stuff didn't come up, and when we had all the pine trees cut out there went the rest of the garden.  Gary and I tried to grow a little patch back a couple of years ago, but the squirrels got the corn and squash, and heavy rain washed the rest out.  I've been hesitating on posting about our garden because I wasn't sure if it would come up.


I am thrilled to report, not only has it come up, but it's looking great.  We've lost a few plants here and there, to squirrels, a cow that got out of the pasture, and a few scraggly plants that just didn't make it.  I can even report this week that we are seeing our first zuchinni and squash.  I can start picking and using some of the spinach, and we have a few red cherry tomatoes.  Some of the plants are still microscopic like the lettuce and the eggplant and tomatoes we planted as seed.  Other plants are looking good but no fruit yet like the watermelon and the green beans.
2-29, Britt took grass to the chickens.
2-29, Ruth was killing our corn



I'm definitely looking forward to starting to pick some. We plan to share some with the Kuders and anyone else that wants some, but I'm also hoping to put some up, like freezer corn, having some chopped okra on hand for fried okra.

3-20, Garden at Three Weeks
4-3, Garden at Five Weeks
For some reason, blogger keeps turning this.
Our first squash, won't be long now.

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts