Dinosaur World

by - 8:15 AM

















My favorite part of this weekend with Grumps and Ahna was going to see the dinosaurs.  We've driven by Dinosaur World lots of times.  Just a few months ago, lots of long necks and a new building showed up where before there was only one Rex.  Momma and Daddy have been wanting to carry me there for a while, but it just hasn't worked out.  I told Grumps I wanted to show him the dinosaurs so he said ok, and off we went.  Momma said it was a little more expensive than she thought it would be, but I loved it, so she says it must have been worth it.  She says next time we are going to take Daddy and the stroller with us, and stay all day.
















Our first stop when we came in was the new dino playground.  I climbed all over it and went down the slides, and through the tunnel, while Ruth tried out the big swings for the first time.  She scared Momma though, because she kept letting go of the chain to point at something and tell her about it.  We didn't stay there too long, because it was time to go and dig for fossils.  I liked digging in the sand, I got a whole cup full of fossils.  Ruth was good at shaking her sand out and picking up her fossils too.  After we dug for about 15 minutes they told us that we could only keep three.  I kept a fossilized sea shell, a shark tooth, and a set of sting ray teeth. Ruth kept a fossilized plant stem, a shark vertebra, and a shark tooth.
















When we finished digging we set off on our "ba-venture in the jungle."  We saw lots and lots of dinosaurs, Momma said there were over a hundred.  Apparently that's like counting to 20 five times in a row!  I saw all the dinosaurs from the Land Before Time movies:  Topsy and Tria and Sara the Triceratops, and Little Foot and his grandmother and granddaddy, I saw Petree and lots of his brothers and sisters, I saw Spike the Stegasaurs, and Mr. Club Tail the grouchy old Euoplosophlus.  We saw some that I knew from the movies that weren't dinosaurs like Gredo the prehistoric bird, and we saw others that we didn't know.  We walked around in there for a long time almost three hours.  There was a place where you could touch and guess the dinosaurs, and a place were you could uncover dinosaur bones.  There was a place with a movie about dinosaurs, and another place where dinosaurs were eating each other.  They had a fish pond with some really big orange and black fish that Momma said were called Koi.
















After all that time Ruth was tired, and Momma said it was getting ready to rain so we headed back toward the car.  Our last stop before leaving was their new museum.  Inside there were lots of exciting things to look at but the most exciting thing was that we heard dinosaurs, and then all of a sudden we walked around the corner and there they were, all moving around and growling.  Ahna videoed me but it was dark and hard to see.  Ruth was really scared, she hid behind Momma and wouldn't come in the room.  When Momma started to walk in she cried, and Momma had to go back and pick her up.  I wasn't scared.  Ahna asked me if I liked the dinosaurs and I whispered "uuuhhhuhh" and nodded.  Grumps laughed at me, he seemed to think I was scared, but I was just holding on to his shirt really tight, so that he didn't accidentally drop me.  Infact, I went back in with Momma a second time before we left.  I started to run off when the dinosaurs started moving and talking again, but Momma picked me up and carried me.  On the way out to the car I asked Momma if we could go and see the dinosaurs again now, but she said, maybe another day.  I hope we go back soon, it's all I've been able to talk about since then.

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts