26 Weeks

by - 11:59 AM

Ruth has made it to week 26. Her inner ear is developed enough that she can hear just about anyone in the room with me now. She's also practicing breathing her amniotic fluid now. She weighs around 1 and 2/3 lbs and is measuring in at 14 inches or the size of a hot-house cucumber. And believe me! I can tell she's that long, because I can feel her all over now. She is currently on a nerve in my back, and has been for just over a week now, I can't recall Britt ever sitting so low. If she were born to day she has made the benchmark week of 80% survival. We are hoping that she plans to wait a while longer though.

We are looking at cribs and bedding now, and probably will have to buy something in another month or so. For now I'm enjoying window shopping, and I would have picked up the prettiest green frilly dress the other day, but Gary said it was entirely too soon to start buying baby clothes. Things are going along right on track.

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts