Week 23

by - 2:59 PM

Another week has come and gone, and I think time is speeding up on me. I'm not quite ready to go through Britt's scary closet and dresser to make room for more little clothes. I'm not ready to think about buying another crib and bedding. I'm definately not ready to debate whether the kiddos should go to our room (so that we can keep the guest bed in the house) and us move into the smaller bedroom.

There are so many small projects piling up around the house - bathroom and kitchen haven't been cleaned since... well let's just not talk about that one, I'm not quiet caught up on our photo albums and Britt's scrapbook (been working on that one all week to complete), I outta finish up Sis. Kerry's baby blanket (since the baby is due any day), oh and I still haven't finished Julia's and she'll be 1 in a month, and I really need to finish piecing Rebecca's quilt so that it is done before Ruth arrives. I would like to finish a few sewing projects and give this one a whirl that Kelly got me interested in. With all of this left to work on why in the world is time speeding up on me?

At 23 weeks, Ruth is now the size of a large mango (yummo). She can now open her eyes, though she won't do it much for another month or so. Her skin which has been see through until now, is starting to make pigment - lets hope for a nice dark complexed child. Maybe she could even get Grandmother's beautiful olive complextion and brown eyes. Her lips are starting to plump up and she continues to put on weight. And finally if something were to go wrong, she is developed enough that with alot of help she can breath outside the womb. From here on out her major development is in strengthening those lung muscles and rapid brain growth. This week, she is practicing walking, by rolling her feet, and using them to "walk" around my uterus. Believe me I can tell it too, she's strong enough that we can sit and watch her move, through my shirt without any doubts as to whether or not she's moving. Many babies at this point love to swing to music, and when Britt and I dance and act silly during the day, I like to think that she is dancing right along with us.

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts