Week 22

by - 2:08 PM

We are now on week 22, yikes! Ruth is about the size of a squash - at 11 inches long and 1 lb. If you could see her she looks just about like a newborn now, except she needs to put on that cute baby fat. Her taste buds have also formed this past week, she can now taste the amniotic fluid that is flavored by what I eat. Maybe she'll finally get enough salt and stop telling my brain that we want nothing but salt. I've never gone through so many sour cream and onion chips so fast. Our Ruth's little ears are fully formed now and she can hear my voice along with anyone nearby now. For the last week when Gary talks to her I can feel her roll over to him hanging off of every nonsense word that her daddy utters.

Speaking of nonsense, last night he tried to convince her that she wanted to have blond hair and blue eyes, that it would be far less troublesome than having red-hair. Not that dreams are any indicator of anything, but when I dream of her she's a brunette with green eyes. Green eyes would be nice, as I am not so secretly hoping that this one looks way more like me, since apparently Britt didn't get any genes from his momma.

Morning sickness is still going strong at 2 to 3 days a week, so I've just resigned myself to the fact that with this one I'm going to have it all the time. According to the midwife, sometimes women have worse sickness with girls because of the double dose of feminine hormones. If that's the case, I think one girl is enough for me, we can have the rest be boys. haha. She's getting a little more active, but it's mostly in the evenings. Makes me wonder if she's going to be a night owl. She's far more active at 11 pm than any other time of day, and I never feel her before about 3 in the afternoon.

I can ask Britt where the baby is and he knows and comes and points to my belly. About a month ago I started rubbing my stomach alot when I sat down, have I mentioned that this kid sits really, really low? So Britt would come up and I would ask him if he wanted to rub the baby, and he did. I was really surprised and when he got done, I would say "awww" and he would lean over without me asking and kiss the baby. This is getting to be his little thing. I ask him if he wants to rub the baby, and give Ruth kisses and most of the time he seems to. I'm sure it doesn't hurt that Momma then loves on him.

You May Also Like

2 random thoughts