Easter Sunday

by - 4:57 PM

This is what Britt woke up to find in his Easter basket. I would have like to have given him a book, but maybe next year. (In my family every holiday is an excuse to get books.) His Daddy picked him out his very first Chocolate bunny, and late last night I dyed eggs (first time for me), and we put together his basket. He also was very excited to get to eat two pieces of chocolate before Church - a mini reeses cup and a krackle bar.He wasn't quiet sure what to think of it all. He liked his bunny best, and carried it around all morning (it's probably a melted mess now). Before rushing off to Church we had to get a family picture out in the front yard, because everyone knows afterward that child would have been a disasterous mess. After Church we headed over to Uncle Hank and Aunt Pat's for the Varnum get together. There was tons and tons and tons, and did I mention tons of food! We sat and visited and ate, and visited and ate, and laughed and talked, oh did I mention that we ate. Seriously, there was alot of food there.

Afterward the big kids geared up to play softball, while Britt and I visited! He had so much fun following Jessica and Phillip around, playing with Sis. Andy, and just being a boy.
After the game the little ones hunted Easter Eggs. Britt didn't do too bad at all, he found 14. Some he found and some we pointed out to him, but all of them he picked up and put in his basket himself. I was pretty impressed, I didn't think he would figure out that quickly what we were wanting him to do, boy I was wrong.I hope you enjoyed the pictures! Well, this will probably be the last post for about a week, as we are going down to the beach house for Gary to work this week and the internet connection isn't very good there. (Sorry the video is sidewise, but Blogger hasn't given me the ablity to rotate them yet.)









You May Also Like

1 random thoughts