18 1/2 weeks...

by - 10:31 PM

Since I missed last weeks post and will miss this weeks post, I thought I would updated tonight on the baby, then I seriously have to go and dye Britt's Easter eggs. (Gary seems to think it's a necessity.)

We think we might have decided (almost) on names. We are in agreement on Ashley Ruth for a girl. But we aren't quiet sure about a boy. After Bro. Clifford's sermon last weekend, I really was leaning more toward William David. Today after visiting some with James and Heather, they think that they might try for a boy a few years down the road, so we don't want to use James, since he wants a James Daniel Jr. Gary also really liked Michael David earlier in the week, and that one is growing on us. So a boy will probably be Will or Michael, and a girl will definitely be Ruth.

The sickness is starting to ease up a little, there are still some days that I feel horrid, and don't really want to eat, but I seem to have quit throwing up, so maybe that means I will be done with morning sickness very soon. This baby still moves very differently from Britt. The movement is getting a little stronger, but for the most part this child just doesn't move much, and when she does it's still that soft sweeping motion, not the kung-fu that Britt did. We will find out on Wed. April 14, at our 20 week appointment for sure but Gary and I are still guessing girl. (Feel free to go and guess on our poll to the top right of the page.)

Our child is somewhere between the size of a bell pepper and a BIG tomato - in other words between 5 1/2 and 6 inches long and 7 and 8 1/2 oz. She can hear and see some now, she will turn away from light if I shine a flashlight on my stomach, she can taste her amniotic fluid, and smell (though what you can smell in water in there is beyond me. She grows bigger and stronger each day, and we are nearly halfway through this pregnancy. Hard to believe how fast it is going!

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts