17 Weeks

by - 3:03 PM

Well, today makes 17 weeks with this little one. She (yep, that's my guess, and that's what I'm going with until someone tells me different) is 5 inches long, almost as long as a normal ink pen. Long and lean right now, she'll start putting on that cute baby fat soon. She weighs about as much as a turnip (5 oz). She has all her organs formed, but they have a ways to go before she's ready to meet the world and her bones are starting to harden.

She's still way calmer the Britt was, at night when I'm very still I can feel her rub her little hand or foot back and forth, very cool, and very different from how Britt moved. Morning sickness is still hanging out with me, though I'm seriously hoping that it's going to go away any minute now.

Gary and I have been talking about names, and we are finally starting to narrow the list down. His top two picks for a boy are William David and Michael Connor. And even though, he's sure that we aren't having a girl, his top two picks are Ashley Ruth and Laura Grace. All of those have made my top 5 list. I am liking William James (after my grandfather's great-grandfather) and Michael Connor for a boy. For a girl, my top two names are Ashley Ruth and Rebecca Joy. I hope to have decided on something when we go for our ultrasound exactly 3 weeks from today.

You May Also Like

2 random thoughts