16 weeks

by - 10:42 AM

Yesterday put us at 16 weeks pregnant. This baby has already been so very different from Britt. Some things I find are much easier and pretty familiar from last go round, but other things not so much.

From nearly the get go, I have been sick, sick, sick. No surprise there, I was with Britt and as much as I hoped like Mother I would be sick with any after my first, no such luck. With Britt I threw up at least once a day for the first 16 weeks, with this one I just feel like I'm going to hurl, but I don't but twice a week. With Britt chicken and eggs were the only things I couldn't eat. With this one until the last week, chicken was just about the only thing I could keep down. I mean seriously - nothing to drink but water, the rotten child doesn't even like 1000 Island dressing, I've had to eat Ranch on salads. We've tried some different medicines, but nothing so good as the phenagran was... of course then again that stuff made me sleep 20 out of 24 hrs a day.

This child moves so differently from Britt. From the get go, you felt him jabbing and moving alot. I felt him at 14 weeks, and there was no doubt it was him, he was constantly kicking and punching and jabbing, and just a busy boy. He hasn't slowed down since he got here, either. However, I am loving to feel this one move. Either it's a girl or one seriously calm child. Night before last, I could feel an itty, bitty foot or hand just rub, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth against my side. So soft and sweet and cuddly. As much as I would really like a girl this time, I'm sure I'm reading too much into this.

I can't get over how very fast we are showing, and before you ask, nope, no twins. We have picture proof, hahaha. I shouldn't be this big for at least another month, I'm sure. Stretching pains haven't been nearly as bad. All and all, as exciting and some what familiar as things are, they are also very different, and we are excited and full of joy about this new individual that has entered our lives.

You May Also Like

2 random thoughts