The Holidays

by - 11:01 AM

So we had a good Christmas holiday here in Florida. The night before Christmas Eve, we went out to a very fancy Brazillian Resturant for Gary's work Christmas. You pay one fee and then eat as much as you can. They have 14 different kinds of meat, and bring it around to you to try. I won't say how much my husband managed to eat, but I will say that he was eatting long after everyone else had quit, groaning in pain. I think they were shocked, and believe me now when I say, there is no filling him up.

Christmas Eve we had lunch at the Varnum's Christmas. Gary's grandfather is one of 5 brothers, and they all get together with their families. There were somewhere in the neighborhood of 80 to 100 people there. We enjoyed alot of food, and swapped gifts. Then us girls sat around and talked while most of the boys played football. That night, Gary and I swapped gifts. He got some movies, that we laid on the coach and watched.

Christmas Day, after trying to have Britt, we headed to Mom and Dad's for Christmas. We had a great big breakfast, swapped gifts, and then everyone managed to get a nap, but me. As tired as I was I couldn't get comfortable to sleep. We made it over to Granna's around 3:30 and played Dirty Santa, and then ate a bunch, before going home to crash. At home we watched a little more of Gary's movies, and then went to bed early.

Saturday after Christmas we went to Busch Gardens. It was at least 85, and super hot, but we enjoyed the Christmas shows that they had going on. It was a nice day just the two of us, walking around and stuff.

Provided that we aren't having a baby tonight or tomorrow, and I feel up to it, we both plan to be at Little Union for Church and a sing tonight, and for our annual picnic tomorrow. I've told Gary to plan on going tonight, even if I don't feel up to it. Just to keep the phone on in case I go into labor. haha.

I hope everyone else is having a great time too!

You May Also Like

2 random thoughts