Christmas has arrived...

by - 3:54 PM

I want to have the Christmas tree put up as soon after Thanksgiving as possible. I suppose I got that from Mother. We usually put up our tree at home the first available Sunday afternoon, after Thanksgiving weekend that everyone was home. Generally around the first of December. I managed to get our tree put up on Wed. I always enjoy looking at the ornaments and remembering when we got certain ones, or a story about a Christmas that one reminds me of.

I don't know how well you can see these, they showed up great as big pictures on the computer, but on the blogspot here, they are just so much smaller, but here goes. The above one is of a marshmallow couple, him in a top hat, and her with a veil, with champagne, and it says "Our 1st Christmas." Mom found this for me and Gary last year and I really love it. They are like a little smoore, because if you look closely they are sitting on a Hersey's bar and graham cracker. Below is a poinsettia flower that I made one year in grade school. Mother gave it to me along with several other homemade ornaments right after Christmas last year, as always, I put it near the top.
One of the ornaments that I've mentioned every year, is this little Shepard boy. Mother thought it was mine, and even though it's not, I told her I would be happy to take it. I couldn't get a good picture of him, but I always hang him near the top of the tree with the angel. I like him because he looks like a humble down to earth kinda guy, like the Shepards that might have been at Jesus's birth. Below, every tree needs some random not really Christmasy looking ornaments. So I have an Auburn Tiger all dressed up in navy and white Christmas robes. I told Gary that we could find 1 gator ornament to go on the tree, and I would hang it up (near the bottom in the back, so no one had to see it - that's what he gets for not helping decorate) if he wanted one. ;)
Now all I need is a good smelling live wreath to put on our door!

You May Also Like

3 random thoughts