Any day now..

by - 5:47 AM

So I'm either about to be 37 weeks or 38 weeks, and for those of you who haven't heard. We tried to have Britt on Christmas Day, but the hospital wouldn't keep us.

Last Tuesday night I got about 3 maybe 3 1/2 hours of sleep, and then on Christmas Eve I only got about 2 1/2 hours of sleep. I started having contractions at 11:30 but managed to sleep from about midnight till 2:30 and when I was still having them about 3 mins apart at 6:30 we called Labor and Delivery at the hospital. They told us to drink two cups of water and lay down for an hour and if they didn't stop to call back. (They wanted us to be sure that we weren't dehydrated first.) So at 7:30 they were 4 minutes apart, but stronger so we called back, and they told us to come on up there. We were there from 8:30 to 9:30, and after I got out of the car in the parking lot, I didn't have another contraction till noon. They said I was 50% effaced, but only 1 cm dialated and a wiggle. I was so upset to have had contractions that long and not be anymore dialated than that. The nurse said that she had short stubby fingers and with Dr. Lamoutte (who checked me last time) I might be a 2. I had some light contractions from noon till bedtime, and felt pretty lousy all Christmas day. I would have liked to just stayed home, but we went on to Gary's mother's house and then to his grandmother's for Christmas. Then on Saturday after Christmas we went to Busch Gardens and walked around for 8 hours hoping to trigger labor and it was 85, but felt so much hotter. I had some good contractions Saturday too, but they didn't last more than a few hours. Same thing yesterday after we went walking at the park.

So I think today might be the day, or at least I really want it to be. Looking at our to do list, there isn't much left on it.

1) Get Gary to put together some of the baby stuff still in boxes. (He put together the bouncer, all that's left is the swing and play pen, and they can wait.)

2) Install car seat. (This one is going to happen today I'm sure of it, and if not, I suppose that just means Gary will be tackling it before Britt comes home from the hospital.)

3) Finish typing up and get printed my Scotland Journal for a certain professor back home, who gave me an A on the promise that I would have that done. Sorry Dr. B, it's only been a year and a half. (This one isn't happening anytime soon, lets be honest here.)

4) Catch up the Scrapbook through Christmas. This is part of Gary's Christmas present, and he thinks it's better to catch it up now, than after Britt gets here. (This one hasn't happened either, maybe it will maybe it won't depends on how long till Britt gets here.)

So I did manage to at least knock off half of my list.

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts