Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Bible Questions...

Gary and I have just finished up reading Genesis. One of the things I have done ever night is to quiz him on what all the names mean, because meanings are important. So virtual M&M to whoever can tell me what the following names mean. No cheating now.

Adam--------------Simeon
Eve---------------Levi
Cain--------------Judah
Abel----------------Dan
Seth--------------Naphtali
Noah---------------Gad
Abram-------------Asher
Abraham-----------Issachar
Sarah--------------Zebulun
Ishmael-------------Dinah
Issac-------------Joseph
Esau------------Benoni
Jacob---------Benjamin
Isreal------------Manasseh
Reuben---------------Ephraim
Moses
Gershom (as a bonus, anyone know who this even is?)

4 comments:

strem said...

Well, Eve is "mother of all living." And, I've hear preachers say that Adam stands for "earth" or sometimes, specifically, "red earth"... for the "earth, earthy." I think I know several of the others... but first, I'd like to ask Gary and you what you're using as your official reference for memorizing these. A certain reference outside of the bible? I would love know and use it. In the meantime, I'll try to think about the others and try to recall them.

Dani said...

Gary says, that I should do it as multiple choice. We are just going by the margin in the middle of my bible. Though I did reference them the other day to Strongs, as I figured that was about as accurate as I could find.

Dani said...

by the way the first to are correct. Eve is "mother of all living" and Adam is "man, or earth also of earth"

strem said...

Some of us had a discussion about this last night, and Brother Chris pointed out that he finds most of them in his center column reference also... and that's what I was thinking, too. I just wanted to make sure I was on the same page and wondered what others used as the "authority." Thanks for putting up this quiz. I'm going to wait to write more until others participate.