The Butler and the Knight

by - 12:26 PM

For Halloween finish this spooky story, and tell us what happens next. I was walking down a deserted road when…

I was walking down a deserted road when it started to rain.  As the thunder began, I began running down the road, looking for anywhere I could stay.  When I saw a mansion (just in case you don't know what a mansion is, it is a very big house), I knocked and the door creaked open.  I asked if anyone was home, a man came out and said "Certainly, would you like to stay while it's raining."

"Yes, thank you," I replied as I walked inside.  I saw that there were some towels, and asked if I could have one.  He agreed, and I was surprised to find them very warm, as if they had just come out of the drier.  As I dried off, I realized that the table was set.  The man said he was about to eat supper, and I asked where were all the other people.  "Oh I always like to keep the table nice and ready, in case of guest," he replied.

I sat down as he brought out tea and biscuits (in this term biscuits are actually little tiny cakes).  As we had a nice chat, it started to get darker and darker and the rain continued harder and harder.  He finally told me just to pick out a room I liked and plan to stay the night.  While I was looking I heard a large creak, and footsteps on the floor coming faster and faster.  I decided to hide in a closet just in case.  I looked through the bottom, as I heard a person step into the room, but I didn't see feet.  Then I heard a huge clank, and saw two big metal feet as the armor came closer and closer.  It was coming toward the closet.

I tried to think quickly and hid behind a bathrobe, when somebody or something in armor swung open the door.  The problem was that he wasn't leaving, he just stood there.  Then slowly he began pulling one hanger down after another.  As he got closer and closer to me, I realized I was all the way in the back of the closet.  It was a dead end, if he got all the way to me, there was no where else to hide.  As I am thinking on what to do, he trips over one of the clothes, and I dived under the pile of clothes he'd already taken down.  After pulling the last item down, he began picking them up.  There was nothing else to do.  When he picked up the last item, he said, "What are you doing down there?"

It wasn't the suit of armor but the same older man, and I stammered, "but, but, but...but there was..."

"Oh calm down let's go eat supper before it gets cold."

As I followed him, and sat down to supper.  While we were eating there was a bolt of lighting and the lights went out as the thunder clapped.  Then I heard a piano playing, and I got up to go to it in the next room.  As I entered the room, I saw the keys moving with no one sitting there.  I then heard that sound of armor again.  I know it is the knight, and I think fast.  The only option as I look around is an organ.  There is a door on it for repairs, so I hide inside hoping the knight doesn't find me.  (An organ is an instrument kind of like a piano, but a little different, with pipes and such.)

Then suddenly there was silence.  Then out of nowhere the knight opens the door.  I slipped past it's legs, I ran for the door, but it was locked!  I tried to get out the window, but it was boarded!  As the knight is coming, I know I'm at my doom.  But then the man comes out laughing, "We gotcha!  Me and Nicholas here like to play pranks on people who stay here.  It's just a little fun.  No one has ever gotten hurt.  Well, except for the time I went a little too far with Headless Nick, I mean, Nick."

Sir Nicholas then replied, "It is Sir Nicholas now, and second, it wasn't a little too far.  You went way too far."  He then turned to me, and said, "I may be a ghost, but I like to wear my armor, everywhere but bed."

Just then the rain began to lighten up, so I decided to head out.  As I ran down the road, I yelled back "Thanks for the scare, but no thanks!"

Six years later, I was in the area, and decided to stop in and see them.  But the mansion was no where to be found.  It was never seen again. The End


You May Also Like

0 random thoughts