Heart Connection

by - 4:14 PM





4. HEART CONNECTION | Do you feel connected to your child even though they are no longer here. If so how do you feel connected to them. Share how your imagination works to keep you together. If you do not feel connected to your child, maybe have a read of what others are sharing. Maybe one of their ideas or practices will resonate with you.

9. DAY DREAMS | Do you ever day dream (or in your sleep) about your child? Do you wonder if they still exist in our universe? Do you wonder about what they look like now?

13. FAMILY PORTRAIT | What does your family portrait look like? It does not have to be a traditional family dynamic. Friends are considered family to many people. It could be just yourself. What would your family portrait look like if your children were here?

There are alot of times that the lack of connection really bothers me. Not knowing the things that mothers should know about their children: their favorite colors, what they love to eat, how they like their hair, how they respond to challenges, etc. Early on in this experience I saw a number of pictures that in someway included the children who were gone. Whether it was a sunburst of light reflecting or the actual outline of a child. This year sortly before Abigail's birthday, a lady posted in our facebook loss group, that she too had lost a child, and that she know made these for loss parents. After talking a bit we learned that her daughter would have been around the age of our Abigail this year. And she took my photo and made this image for us. When I first opened it, I squawled, and squawled. It was so beautiful. For once I felt like I was looking at all of our family together. And for once I could really clearly imagine her. I sometimes try to imagine what she might be like, I like to imagine her with long stick straight red hair, and freckles all across her nose. But this picture just felt like so much personality. I could see her hair blowing in the wind off the waterfall. But it was clipped back half way, to show her round baby face. The sleeve of her shirt blowing too, and her in a skirt like all my girls. I loved the way that she was on tip toes with one foot rocked up under her. It was a tiny thing, but have me such a feeling of connection.

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts