Gratitude

by - 3:57 PM



6. GRATITUDE | I realize this topic can be a real tough one for people, but I am not asking you to be grateful for your grief, but rather open a window or door to the practice of gratitude if you are not quite there yet. When you practice gratitude, it helps to remind you of all the good in your life that is still there. A grateful heart is a lighter heart. Share something you are grateful for today.

7. INHALE + EXHALE | Today is like a Capture Your Grief Free Day. This awareness month can become overwhelming quickly so instead of pouring your heart out, take today to look after yourself and your mental health. Be mindful of your breathing. Take some time out in nature today and just breathe. Recharge.

I will confess I've been struggling a lot in the last few months, so I decided back in September that I needed to get back into the practice of finding something each week in more ordinary life to be thankful for by make a spot in my planner each week. I'm always grateful for the kids and Gary, and over the years of unemployment I have learned to be very acutely aware of thankfulness for a job and food, etc. But what I am talking about is finding the little things to be thankful for, in the chaos of life. This week while I wasn't thankful to be out of a job, while I wasn't thankful to have to move again, while I'm not thankful that one of my children isn't here on earth with me, I am thankful that we are through moving out and cleaning out the house that we are moving out of. I am not thankful that we are all crammed in a camper in my inlaws yard, but I am thankful that they love us enough to give us a place to land till we find the next place. We don't have to be thankful for all the hardships and awful things in life, but we can be thankful for little things that make those things bearable.

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts