Neela's Best Dog Friend Ever

by - 6:42 PM

(Write a story from Neela's perspective, about the first time she meets Scout.)

I was in Mother's backyard playing with Mother when I saw somebody.  A white van.  I can't remember if it was 3 ft or 3 miles or 3 whatever.  I saw a puppy in that van, and then Britt, Ruth, and Rebecca came out of that white van.  Then finally Danielle who walked to the other side of the car and got out Kate.  But there was one person missing, but aww it doesn't really matter, because I don't remember his name.

Mother wasn't paying attention so I ran out of her hand to see what was going on.  Mother tried to get me, but she didn't because she couldn't run very fast.  I ran under the car, and Kate saw me.  She tried to come under too, but found out she couldn't go under so she came around as fast as she could.  I ran out from under the van, and tried to get in the house.  But I could not open the door, cause I couldn't jump high enough to reach.  I ran all over the yard to get away from Kate, till Mother caught my leash and took me inside.  Now I'm stuck with Kate, and I'm tired of her chasing me around everywhere.

Then I saw a puppy.  They called him Skip, Scoot, Scout.  I'm not really sure, cause I'm not that good at reading anyway.  So, I decided to try to get through the bars of the gate to meet this new puppy.  But I couldn't fit through the bars.  But Scout was tricky, and unlocked the gate, and I got out.  We started to travel up the stairs, and the cats were loose.  So I started to raise to catch them.  We herded them.  When Mother and Danielle came up the stairs.  Danielle got Scout, and Mother got me.  They closed the cats up.  So, we got put back in the living room.  Then Rebecca said, I found out how they got out.  Something slipped open in the little door, and she locked it back up.  So I don't know how I will get away from Kate again.

When I got away from Kate, I started to look at Scout a weird way.  Looking him up and down, I said, "I think I like you."

Then Scout said his first puppy word, " I like you too."

Then I asked what's your real name?

Scout said, "Scout."

I said, "I knew it!  I knew it was Scout!"

Scout looked at me confused, and then said, "Let's play with your toys."

I said, "Why not."  But just then Mother called me and it was time to eat, so we ate together.  Me and Scout turned out to be best buddies.  I like him, because we are exactly the same.  We both think Kate is a little crazy.  And we both like adventuring, even though Scout can't get up the stairs.  So you know what I said, "I said hey, when I come to your house in a few days, I can help you."

And Scout said, "Sure why not.  When are you coming to my house."

Then I said, "Next week."  I like when he comes to visit, and I like to visit him sometimes too.  The End.

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts