Flynn's Misadventure

by - 4:27 PM

(Ruth was undecided which of two story prompts to use today, so she combined too.  Pretend you are a cat or a dog.  Write about your family from their perspective.  One day you notice a new key on your keychain.)

One morning, I woke up and noticed Ruth in a rush.  It seemed like she was looking for something, but I don't really know.  She came outside, got in the car and started off.  But then she had to come back, go inside, and came back with a bag.  But before she came back, I snuck into the car, and hid under some bags.  I found some crumbs, and after eating them I began to look around.  When I saw a key, a big silver key.  So, a snuck into the front seat, by climbing under and around things.  It was very difficult, especially to keep Kate from seeing me.  When I got to the front, I picked up the key and tried to put it on the keychain with my teeth, but I wasn't successful, so I just dropped it in the bag.  When I went to jump out of the car, Momma closed all the doors and locked them.  When I couldn't get out of the car, I thought, "Everything is going to be fine, I'll just go on a trip."

But then, they put Scout in the car.  So I hid under the passenger seat.  After a bit the car suddenly stopped, and I wondered where we were.  I peaked out the door, and then decided to go and explore the place.  I think it was called Pet Co, but I'm not very good at reading.  But, I am very good at sneaking, so in I went.  But for some weird reason, the doors wouldn't budget.  Then a human walked up, and the doors opened so I followed them in.  When the doors closed, I looked around and there were dogs everywhere, surrounding me.  So I only had one thing to do... I ran as fast as I could underneath the biggest dog.  But my tail got soaked with slobber.  Yuck!  I dashed from aisle to aisle, trying to find a spot to hide.  When I finally found an opening, I slid underneath one of the shelves.  I saw through a door that all my human servants - Momma, Ruth, and the rest - were leaving.  I was stuck inside Pet Co.  I ran to the door in time to see them drive and park across the road in an apartment building parking lot.  I saw every single one of my slaves walk into the building.

For the next few hours, every time the door opened, I tried but I wasn't fast enough.  So I decided to just stay by the door, but then one of the Pet Co managers saw me and grabbed me and put me in the cage.  After three miserable days stuck in Pet Co with so many dogs barking.  Ruth came back and Momma said, "Hey Ruth, that cat looks like Flynn."

Ruth said, "Yeah it does.  I wonder where Flynn is,.  He's been missing for a few days."

So I tried to tell Ruth that it was me.  But she's pretty stubborn, and didn't understand a thing I was saying.  Doesn't she speak English!  But, luckily I was one of the cats on bottom, and one of the managers had dropped a silver key.  So I reached for it, but it was just out of reach.  Kate saw me and I thought I was done for, but she picked it up and gave it to me.  Then, as I took it, I dropped it.  Kate picked it up and put it into the keyhole. I tried and tried and tried to turn it, but it just wouldn't budge.  Eventually a dog came along, and tried to bite my paw, but it bumped the key just enough to turn it.  I hissed at the dog, and when he ran off, I quietly opened the door and snuck out.  I barely made it into the car, as the door slide shut, and Momma locked the doors again.

But then as I rode, I started thinking.  That silver key that Momma has looks alot like the key that the manager lady dropped.  I thought and thought, but couldn't quiet figure it out. Momma then looked for her phone, she found the silver key that I had placed inside her bag and hooked it onto her key chain.  When I looked more closely I saw a super small letter p engraved on the key.  So, I decided to make Momma and Ruth understand, but the car stopped again.  But I was afraid that we were in another place like PetCo, but we were home.  Momma went to grab her keys, while Ruth went to the back porch.  I hoped down and wrote what I thought was PetCo, with my claws in the sand on the driveway.  Ruth walked up and saw my attempts to spell PetCo, and I nudged the key.  So Ruth showed Momma the key and said, "Flynn drew something in the sand, but I don't think he knows how to spell.  Maybe it says popcorn."

But I heard all of this and I was mad.  After a bit they figured out it was Petco.  So all my human servants, got back in the car, and took it back to PetCo and told the manager sorry.  So they came home, and Ruth sat down on the back porch to hold and pet me.  This adventure wasn't much fun, I think I prefer staying home and eating squirrels.  It was a cat-astrophe.  The End.

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts