11 Months with Kate

by - 8:04 PM

4-24, 11 months old.
Katherine,

My how big you are getting.  This weekend I finally washed the 9-12 month clothes and moved you up from the 6-9 month clothes.  You were too long for the others, but less than half of the new pants will stay up on your tiny little waist.  You are walking more and more these days.  You managed 10 steps last night before you fell.  You fall, but as soon as you plop down you stand back up and set off again.  Of course when you are in a hurry you still resort to crawling, at which you are unbelievably fast.  And anytime we try to video you walking, you think it's an invitation to crawl and grab the phone.

4-1, Baby's first Easter
You have also sprouted 3 new teeth in the last week.  I saw two barely peaking through on Wednesday, and another beside them on Friday.  That should make eating easier.  Some days you eat twice, some days you eat once, some days you don't eat food at all, just take bottles.  On that note we have finally found something you don't like - fresh, uncooked tomatoes.  You make the worst face, and out it goes.  When we run out of the formula on hand we plan to swap you over to milk.  You have taken very well to a sippy cup, the only problem is that sometimes you seem to need a refill as soon as you down it, so at night we have gone back to using a bottle at bedtime, since it holds more.

4-1, Getting into her Easter basket.

You are babbling quite a bit these days.  You make m sounds when you are upset, but use d and other hard consenants when you are just talking.  You know who "da-da" is.  You will look for him when I ask and head for him.  You also know who Momma is when the kids ask.  You are definitely saying something like "Bwa-Bwa" for Britt as well.  It is fun to see you beginning to understand what is being said to you.  When I tell you "no, no" you stop what you are doing to shake your head no.  It is hysterical.  You don't have a clue that it means no, you think it means shake your head.  But because you stop to do it, I rarely have to pop your leg or really fuss at you.  Sometimes when we say "yes, yes, yes" you grin and shake your head no as if to argue with us.  But often you will bounce up and down.  You don't nod, but you do bounce, which also tickles the kids.  We haven't been able to get you to wave, but just a minute ago, trying to get your daddy's attention, you called him, stretched out your arm, and openned and closed your hand, one finger at a time, several times.  I'm calling it waving.  I also can only rarely get you to patty-cake.  If I sing it to you you give me your hands, but don't seem to want to do it for yourself.  And if I trot you and sing that song, you will bounce after two or three times through, if I won't bounce you.

4-1, At the Varnum Family Easter.
The biggest happenings of the last month have been your first Easter.  You liked picking up and pulling apart the Easter eggs.  They seem to be interesting to chew on, and make lots of noise when you crawl around the house with them in your hand.  Since you weren't old enough to hunt eggs, I went to play softball with everyone else, and missed out on you playing with them when they took you off with the other kids.

4-7, At the Black Gold Children's fishing tournament.
You only take one nap a day, you dropped the second nap several months ago.  You usually go down between noon and 12:30 and stay down for almost three hours.  I try my best to get all the kids reading done during that time, and get whatever desk work I want done then.  Because you my child not only love to chew on computer cords and eat paper, but you love all things office supply.  Perhaps you are a child after my own heart.  You rummage through my pens, steal all my envelopes, and climb in and out of the bottom of my desk and rolling cart as if it is your own personal jungle gym.  I have taken the old empty ink cartridge out of a pen, and given it to you so that you have your very own pen.  You will take it around the house, or sit next to the desk playing with it.  It may be your current favorite toy.


It has gotten difficult to read to you in the last month.  You want to hold the book, attempt to rip out the pages, or eat the book.  And yet, you seem to get really mad if we leave you in the floor when we are reading, or if someone other than me holds you out of reach of the book.  You continue to like to crawl or cruise or sometimes even walk behind me when I walk round and round the table check the kids work during school time.

4-8, Ruth, Momma with Kate, and Rebecca.
You still adore your siblings, and are happy with pretty much any one.  You remind a shockingly happy baby.  You get a little fussy when you are getting tired, but it's more of a wallow around like you can't get comfortable and complain a bit.  Sometimes you get a little fussy when you are ready for another cup, but even then, it's not full blown crying.  You get most offended when we put you down in the floor and leave the room, even that is usually pretty short lived.  Either because you choose to follow us, or because you find something else to do.  We love you so very much, and thank God for you.

Love,
Momma
4-24, No time for pictures, Momma, I want my cup now.


You May Also Like

0 random thoughts