An Anniversary of Sorts

by - 8:41 PM

Dani - This weekend five years ago, I met my ever so wonderful love of my life. He drove the 750 plus miles from South Florida and showed up at Wendy's where I was working at the time. I didn't know what to expect, after all I had only meet him online. To top it off, he only had 2 pictures up online and both were taken 50 feet away of him, a sister, a cousin, and a friend in the Bahama's all wearing glasses. I will confess I was wondering what I had gotten myself into. After all, I could have meet a crazy ax murderer online. So as we prearranged, he walked up to my register and ordered 200 chicken nuggets. I knew instantly it was him and took my break.


Gary - I spent the entire ride, the entire long nine hours telling myself, "Are you crazy? You told her you were coming, you can't turn around and go home now!" I arrived, and it took me 30 mins to clean up, buy her favorite flowers, and drove around to make sure that she wasn't working the drive through. I finally got up the courage to actually walk into the store, and then I ordered 200 chicken nuggets. Don't you know it, I got no free chicken nuggets and I only got to spend 8 minutes with her before heading to her house to spend 8 hours with her family. At 2:30 in the morning, someone finally showed up. She said, hang on a few minutes and she went to take a 25 minute shower where I could here her singing church songs. And as the great story teller Forest Gump would say and "And that's all I got to say about that story."

Dani - We visited over my supper break and the 30 minutes passed far too quickly. I can remember walking back into the kitchen and telling one of the girls that I worked with that he was it. I just knew it. I called home and told him that he was on his way. And like my father before me, I told them if they ran him off before I got home that I would kill them all. When I made it home that night around 2:30am, I had to hop in the shower after all I couldn't go in there to talk to him in a tacky Wendy's uniform smelling like chicken nuggets and hamburgers. We spent Saturday talking, visiting, playing games, and reluctantly called it a weekend on Sunday evening. The best part of the weekend was the ride with Gary back to Atlanta and we talked about a little bit of everything. Our dreams and fears, dark moments, and funny things. We were so busy talking that Daddy called to remind us to find a restaurant for supper, and we had already passed all the good places. We said good-bye after a quick supper at Long John Silver's, and Gary continued back to Florida, and Daddy and I headed to South Carolina to visit grad schools. I was on cloud nine.

Gary - So, I find out that Danielle and her dad are going to some loser school on Monday, and that they will be traveling in the same direction that I will travel. So, Danielle and I were able to ride together all the way to Atlanta, Georgia. I had already passed my turn off onto I-75, and we stopped at the classy Long John Silver's. About 30 seconds later her daddy pulled in and he paid for her supper and she never kissed me. She went North and I went South. And less than a month later, I bought her a ring.

You May Also Like

3 random thoughts