Tuesday, December 07, 2010

What I Do in the Car...

Lately we have been going on lots of long road trips - Memaw and Mister's, Church, and next weekend we will be going to Ahna and Grumps. When I'm in my car I like to sing songs. I tell Momma what song I want to hear and either she sings it, or Daddy does, or sometimes they both do together. I sing along with the words that I know. We sing lots of nursery rhymes like "Kin-cul, Kin-cul" (Twinkle, Twinkle), "Pie-dor" (The Itsy Bitsy Spider), and "Row Row" (Row, Row, Row Your Boat). Sometimes we sing real songs like "Pooh" (Return to Pooh Corner), other times when I ask for Pooh, Momma cheats and just sings the song from the Disney Cartoon. I always make sure to let her know that I didn't mean that Pooh. My very new favorite though is to sing "Moo Moo" (Old MacDonald Had a Farm). In fact, I plan to make Momma and Daddy sing "Moo Moo" all the way to Alabama and back. I like it that well.

3 comments:

Kelly Spezzano said...

You are a much better momma than me, I make it through about 3 animals and I am ready to pull my hair out (: Luckily for me, my son has a very short attention span so it works out perfectly! haha

Dani said...

Well Kelly, let's just say that Britt asks for Moo all hours of the day and night now. I'm going to start just hitting play on this video when he wants to sing. You no more get finished with the gazillion farm animals I've come up with and say then end, and before the "end" is out of your mouth is begging "Moo Moo" "Peas Moo" in his most pathetic voice.

Kelly Spezzano said...

:) Glad it's you and not me! haha
Joshua does get to where he likes to sing certain songs ALL THE TIME, but they are not time consuming like Old McD. lol