Brittisms

by - 8:54 AM


Britt has added so many words to his vocabulary.  Of course, he doesn't know what some of those words mean, and other words he's just made up so we don't know what they mean.  He's pronouncing most things correctly these days too.  It's just further proof that he's not my baby any more.  I am not in a hurry to correct the few things that he still says incorrectly though, they make me smile.  I thought I would share a few today.
  • "Mic-in-Donald's and Chick-a-way," known to the rest of the world as McDonald's and Chick Fil A.
  • He often says, "P says 'pa-pa' like cacorn."  The rest of us just call it popcorn.
  • "You're a bushy."  Best we can tell, this means that he is insulting you whenever you are angry or fuss at him.  He also uses it to mean you are crazy and silly when he is playing with you.
  • "Roof" and "Abecca" are his sister's names.
  • Abecca drinks "special milk."
  • "Nuffan," which rhymes with muffin, is what he always answers when you ask what kind of trouble he's gotten into.
  • On Mondays we go to the "lie-berry" for books and movies.
  • "Sauce-shug" is one of his favorite breakfast foods.  (I prefer bacon myself.)

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts