Joseph and Job

by - 2:24 PM

Last week I finished reading Genesis.  I'm still behind schedule, but I'm telling myself that I don't want to rush through reading, and I want to only read when I can really focus on it.  One of the things that really struck me toward the end of Genesis, was the contrast between Job, and Joseph.  I already mentioned that I'm alot like Job, in that I spend way too much time over analysing and asking God why.  I'm trying to work on that.  I did notice that Joseph never seemed to complain and ask why all these horrible things happened to him - sold into slavery, thrown unjustly into prison, without his family in Egypt, and forgotten time and time again.  He just sought to do the best he could in every situation he found himself in.  Rather than spend time complaining and asking why (though I'm sure he did that at least once in the 13 years he spent as a slave and prisoner), he spent his time doing the best job he could, and trying to show the best character he could in each situation.  Both men were great and godly men, both endured great hardship, and we can learn alot from both men.

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts