He Leadeth Me

by - 9:12 AM

My favorite song that we did last year at singing school was He Leadeth Me. We learn to sing alot of more complicated songs in an effort to work our voices and abilities, which is always alot of fun. But to me, I really enjoy singing some of the more simple, yet beautiful harmonies.

I think in congregational singing it's far more appropriate to learn to sing well, blending together from the heart. Far too often the more showy pieces detract from the services because it's far too easy to pay attention to the fancy singing and forget about the meaning. And after all it's far more important to sing from the heart than whether we sing it right or not.

This song gave us a chance to work on blending our voices, and the words are very beautiful in their simplicity. I have to admit I really enjoyed splitting up the verses one for the women and one for the men. Hearing just the men sing was so very beautiful.

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts