Father's Day 2010

by - 2:01 PM

Hey Britt,

On Tuesday you will be 17 months old. Wow have things changed! It seems that your are doing more and more each day. You now can walk, run, climb, and get into about anything you put your mind to it. It's great that you are now talking more and more each day sometimes even stringing a couple of words together and of course you enjoy making animal sounds. We laugh all the time when you make your horse sound or monkey noises. You also love to dance, even when there is no music going on. Even though Momma needs to teach you some more better steps.
It's amazing how much you have changed since last Father's Day. You have become much more independent since last year. You rather walk to different places than to have us carry you, which is great since you weigh around 28 pounds now. Its getting much harder now to just pick you up and go. Last fathers day you were still just drinking milk and now while you still love milk, you also are eating everything from the table now. It is fun to feed you regular food, but sometimes it's frustrating when you make unnecessary messes. Son, it is so much fun watching you chase Mara and the chickens around in the yard. Mara, being lazy, will go about ten feet away, lay back down, and you will follow, then she would jump up again, move away again, and y'all repeat the process until she runs out of space and runs off again. I love just how much you just love being outside and digging in the yard - pulling grass, picking up sticks, and against our approval eating acorns, dirt, and whatever we don't want you to put in your mouth. But you are a boy and love to get dirty. You just have to touch anything whether it's in reach or not, but that's the way you seem to learn. I could go on but need to stop somewhere.
More changes are coming to your life though. You will soon be a big brother with your sister Ruth on her way. I am kind of interested in how you will act when we bring home your baby sister. And the fact that we are moving to Gainesville for a year so I can work on my masters degree. It will be a whole new location, new yard to explore, and we will be attending a different church on Sunday. But I am sure you are going to be your usual bright self and just shine.
I hope to be able to teach you to enjoy even more things outdoors. You will soon be big enough to learn how to play on a tricycle and doing more outdoor activities like fishing - where we can focus on catching fish instead of just trying to make sure you stay in the boat. Also, while we are in Gainesville home of The Florida Gators, I hope we can get the opportunity to watch some football games live in the SWAMP! The toughest thing I believe for me this year is going to find enough quality time with you; while trying to working, going to school, and with your little sister coming around September first. But of course, I never have enough time to do all that I want with you.
I am so thankful to have such a loving wife who supports me any way she can and with a healthy growing family that has been such wonderful joy for me. I am truly a blessed man. I love you very much.

Daddy

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts