Saturday in Auburn

by - 5:26 PM

On Saturday, Ahna and Grumps took me and Momma to Auburn to see Uncle Benji and Uncle Nicholas and to all watch the Auburn game together. We got down there early that afternoon and checked into the hotel, and ate some lunch. I spent alot of lunch talking to the 3 year old boy at the table next to me. He kept waving and I laughed at him alot, when we got ready to leave he yelled, "Bye Baby!" and I squealed back. Then we met up with U. Benji and U. Nicholas, but before we could head to the stadium, they made me put on a bunch of clothes. I had to take off my pretty orange Auburn shirt and navy pants, and put an Auburn sleeper over my socks, and then an Auburn sweatsuit, and an orange toboggan, and my tennis shoes. I looked very handsome, and I know so cause all these people kept telling me so as we walked to the stadium. Then we were at the Tiger walk. There was so much going on that I wasn't sure where to look. People kept saying this was the biggest one that they had seen in a while. It went way down the road and across a couple of little roads, and we got to see Gene Chizik and all the players. The band was playing and the cheerleaders where hollering, and there were some really pretty trees. Anyway after that we were trying to get to the stadium, and the cheerleaders walked by and several of them grabbed my hand and said War Eagle. I waved my hand in circles just like Momma does for kick off.
So we got to the stadium and Grumps found four tickets together just where he wanted them, for just the price he wanted. So we got there a little more than an hour before the game started. It was really exciting watching the student section and listening to the music. It was spitting snow and rain for a few minutes, but it went away. Thank goodness cause Ahna said she had no interest sitting in the rain. About 20 mins before game time all the fun started. I really liked watching the band come in the stadium and they went all the way around playing the Fight Song and Glory to Ol' Auburn. Their horns were so shiney. Then the eagle flew, but she didn't stay up very long cause it was cold. I could even see my breath. Then the players ran out on the field and everyone cheered and it was really, really loud.

It all went down hill from there though, cause they played really bad and lost. But it's ok, it's the most fun thing ever. There was so much to see and do. Aubie did all these funny things, it's the reason that he wins the Mascot award almost every year. He was a jockey on a horse once, and drove a race car once, and he wore swim trunks and got everyone doing the wave (I bet he was cold with no clothes hardly on). He was funny to watch on the big screen. Then there were these ladies behind us with shakers. I really like those things, they are like fringe and hair when you run your fingers through them, but shiney and different colors.
After the game we went back to U. Benji's apartment he is really funny. I laid all over his bed and messed up his sheets, and sat with U. Nicholas and went around and around the coffee table till I got sleepy, then we headed back to the hotel. On Sunday we went to Church with U. Benji and they were all really nice people, and seem to like U. Benji alot. Though they don't seem to think that he eats enough, and they kept giving him more food to take home for this week.
I had so much fun, and I'm glad I went. Thank you SO MUCH Ahna and Grumps for carrying me to my first Real Football game. WAR EAGLE, HEY!

You May Also Like

2 random thoughts