8 Months

by - 1:58 PM

Britt,

Today you are spending the afternoon with Memaw so I can d0 all sorts of time consuming things. Infact, I have already mopped, organized all of my yarn and scarves, cleaned off the kitchen table, and put Daddy to work washing dishes. I hope to do some grocery shopping and catch up your book this afternoon too. You see these days I spend alot of time chasing you around the house. You are crawling like crazy and yesterday you learned how to climb over the boxes of diapers that we have been using to block off the dinning room and kitchen from your over curious self. I am constantly having to relocate objects higher and higher in our room in order to keep you out of them. Some how though you keep finding ways to sneak things off of the tops of the couch. Nothing is safe, when you decide that you want it.

On Monday almost a week past 8 months you weighed in at 16 lbs and 15 oz, and 27 1/2 inches long - making you almost 3 lbs heavier than last month. Dr. Saranko was very pleased, and said that he didn't have to see you back until a year. He also oked you to eat meat and finger foods now. We have tried finger foods in the last few days, and you don't seem to like it much. You would rather shove them off the highchair than pick them up. When I put them in your mouth you protest alot. You are going to have to start getting use to eating things chunkier.

You are cruising now with almost as much speed as you have crawling. Sometimes now you let go of things and stand for a split second, but you don't have any balance. When we are outside, which you love, you crawl like a Mowgli on all fours, but you've pretty much quite doing that in the house on the carpet.

You are a delight. My favorite part of our day is in the morning, right before your morning nap, when I'm in your room getting things put away, and you go to the bookcase and pull off a book, and crawl over to me, pushing it. I always stop what I'm doing and pick you up and read it. I let you flip the pages and sometimes you turn it back to the beginning when we are done, so I read it again. Sometimes I'm awfully busy in the afternoon and can't drop everything, but I always do in the morning, because I can already see that you are growing up too fast. I know that you won't always want Momma to hold you and read to you, so I try to do it as much as possible. We spend a little time each day, usually in the morning, sitting on the front porch in the swing and we rock and you tell me all about the trees and the cars that drive by, and you get especially excited when Mara comes by and lets you pet her. I treasure these little moments when you smile and laugh and make me the center of your little world.

I love you little man,
Love,
Momma

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts