Grumps and Uncle Benji

by - 11:03 AM

Daddy and Benjamin made it down very early on Friday morning and stayed until today. They loaded up and left here with Mother just a little while ago.

Ever since we told them that we were expecting Daddy has been pushing for the name Grumps. I have tried for months to convince him to go with any other name, but to no avail. According to Mother he has had that name picked out for a long time. Daddy claims that it fits because little kids don't want to have anything to do with him. I think it just sounds disrespectful. However, everyone up at work has given him a 90% approval rating, and have encouraged him. So I gave up, I suppose if he wants to be Grumps then he can be.
Benjamin on the other hand thinks that Uncle Benjamin sounds stupid, and he doesn't like Uncle Ben (you know like the rice). So, since I am the only one who calls him Benji he is going by Uncle Benji. Benjamin has always liked babies, but as the youngest of the four of us, he doesn't have much experience with them. We have lots of younger cousins, but they have been a few months old before we've met them; so this is the youngest baby that he has been around. When he first got here you had to let him get sit down, arrange a bunch of pillows under his arms, and give him Britt, then after time you had to go over and straighten him up. By this morning though, Benjamin was straightening him up and walking and standing with him.
Benjamin is the odd one in the family. Very quirky. He's the one when we go to a resturant and there is a screaming child that says, "Somebody shut that kid up!" I asked Mother if he realized there would be a baby here when he got here, and she said he doesn't think that his nephew is going to be like that. Everytime Benjamin was holding him and he would whimper, Benjamin would say, "You better not cry!" While Mother and I were talking this morning about how I can't wait for him to get on a schedule, Benjamin informed us that all we had to do was tell Britt to get on a schedule, and then he told him for me. Not that it's helped, ha! The funniest moment this weekend, was when he told Nicholas on the phone last night that he was Britt's favorite uncle, and he knew so because Britt told him so.I hate that they had to go so soon, and I miss them. We will be up there in about 2 months, but he grows so fast, I hate for them not to see him first hand. I've really appreciated all the help too. Mother has been doing laundry, cooking, and even took him one night while he was fussy so I could sleep. Daddy has been doing dishes. And Benji well he's just a free loader, no help at all whatsoever... at least this trip down I didn't catch him sleeping on my bed. (Every time I've had to move Daddy and the boys come to help. Everytime we've caught Benji napping on my bed, while the rest of us work.)

You May Also Like

4 random thoughts