Great-Granddaddy Hurn

by - 2:54 PM

(above: May 19, 1985: Granddaddy Hurn holding Danielle, 6 days old)

Great Granddaddy Hurn would have been 100 the day that Britt was born, but he passed away back in December of 1998. Mother said that he always adored me. I wasn't the first great-grandkid, or the first great-grandgirl either, but he always liked to hold me and visit with me. Mother and Daddy brought down a few photo albums of my baby pictures so that I could scan them to have to compare to Britt later (in hopes that he'll have something of mine eventually). I have really enjoyed looking through the pictures and can't help but wonder what he would have thought of Britt.
(Above: December 24, 1985: Four Generations - Granddaddy Vernon Hurn (53), Mother Gwen Mallard (25), Great Granddaddy Robert Hurn (76), and Danielle (7 months) at Robert Hurn's home in Anderson, AL
Below: March 7, 1986: Great Granddaddy Hurn and Danielle (9.5 months). She has her first scratch on her head from falling 2 days before while trying to walk.)

You May Also Like

1 random thoughts