A Visit from Ahna

by - 11:10 PM

Mother flew down on Monday to meet her first grandbaby. Ever since "Ahna" has been rocking, singing, and spoiling Britt, not that I wasn't already well on the way to having him spoiled rotten before she got here.

She's been singing to him all the songs she use to sing to us: Country Road, Leaving on a Jet Plane, and One Tin Solider Rides Away. She been rocking him in the rocker that Grandmother had when Mother was little, that Mother used with the four of us, and now that I have rocked Britt in. She's been talking to him and he just loves the attention.
I wish she was nearby and I'm trying to convince her that she should stay for two weeks, but she's told me that I don't really need her another week, that I'm doing well. That may be but I do want her here. Grumps and Uncle Benji will be here tomorrow, so that should be exciting.

You May Also Like

1 random thoughts