So Much to Do

by - 2:10 PM

So now that we know that it's a boy, we can do all those things I've been ready to do for a month. You know, stuff like painting the nursery, buying furniture, organizing and cleaning out the closet and drawers, make baby stuff. The question now becomes where to start?

Monday, Sara was very sweet and came over and helped me clean the entire house. When I had such bad morning sickness nothing got cleaned, and now that I'm past that, I still don't have much energy to do much. Seems like I have about 30 mins or so worth then I have to sit about an hour before I can go again. As a result, I have managed the mess instead of eliminating it. Everything gets a good picking up once or twice a week, but nothing really gets cleaned. It wasn't fun and it wasn't pretty, but we got everything cleaned on Monday. Thanks bunches Sara, I could have never done it without you! So check one, house very clean.

Back on Saturday we started painting in Britt's room. I'm doing a cowboy mural on one of the walls. On Saturday, Gary helped by rolling most of the grass and sky and I cut in around plugs and worked on the edges. On Monday, Sara and I even had a little time to paint some. As of right now we have a big oak tree (with no leaves yet), some grass, several happy clouds (Bob Ross would be proud), a barn with silo, and the start of some woods. Kelsey has promised to supply me with pictures of some cows, and I hope to work on it a chunk of the day on Friday as well. So that outta count for about a 1/4 of a check.

We have finally it seems decided on a baby bed. It's a pretty convertible crib, going from bassinet height, to crib height, to toddler bed, and finally to full size bed. I think it's going to be very useful. Of course with Gary these things are always subject to change, and we haven't bought it yet, got to save up a bit more money, but I think that makes 1/2 a check.

Things yet to be started... cleaning out the junk closet. See lots of things are stored in the closet in the nursery. One side has all of my and Gary's winter heavy coats (I haven't convinced myself that I won't need them anymore). Then there is all that yarn in buckets under and over the clothes, then just stuff on the other side of the closet. Oh and did I mention that the baby's dresser is full of all of our fabric for quilting. Yeah, so I still have alot to do as far as organizing goes.

Finally, my biggest quandry so far, is what kind of baby blanket to make for him. I have rarely had trouble deciding what kind of baby blanket to make for someone (in fact only Sis. Kelly's has been a long thought process); however, I seem to have no ideas what so ever for making my own son a blanket. Go figure. I do at least know that I'm making him some booties, as soon as I can find my grandmother's pattern that is. She made one, and I need to make a second one, so that he has a pair.

So much to do, and for some reason, 4 1/2 months doesn't seem like all that much time.

You May Also Like

2 random thoughts