Have you Forgotten?

by - 9:20 AM

I haven't. I remember sitting in Junior English when Woody Allen walked in and told Mrs. LeMay the news. I remember her telling him that she was going to go to the principle over such outragous stories. I remember walking through the library doors, just in time to see a tower fall. I remember sitting in second block in the biology lab around the big screen tv with a couple of other classes, still in utter disbelief. I think it may have been the only time that we whispered with out being told to. I remember sitting in history class at the end of the day and while we watched the news, Mrs. Reich told us about the unstablity in that part of the world. It was the first time that I thought I knew how people felt when the news of Pearl Harbor came out.
I remember, and I am thankful for those who give there lives to insure that such a thing never happens again on American soil. I'm thankful for those I know who have left family to serve, and I'm thankful for the many that I don't know who serve for all of us even though they don't know us.
I believe that this country was founded on great principles that all had a right to be free, that there are times when you sacrifice for the greater good, and that we should always strive to be better, to be right. I am proud to be an American and I am proud of our men and women in uniform.

You May Also Like

1 random thoughts