The Dentist

by - 1:46 PM

I hate going to the dentist, it's the one doctor's visit that I really dread for the year. Justin said that I wouldn't write about hating to visit the dentist, so of course that means I have to.

As long as I can remember I went to Dr. Nix at home for the dentist, he was cool and played QB for Auburn. A few years back Dr. Bedsole took over his practice when he retired, and I guess he was ok too. But the truth is the dentist is infinately less fun when you have to pay their outragous fees and no longer get a free toy or two from their toy chest.

I've had so many other things to do, and the dentist being less desirable was not on my list of immediate concerns like find an athma doctor, find a real doctor, oh I'm pregnant find an OB, you get the picture. However, since becoming pregnant my gums bleed basically every time I brush, and have even started bleeding when I eat. Sorry, tmi for some of you.

So after working for several months to get me on our dental insurance, off I went to the Dentist on Monday. Where I discovered that I have the beginnings of 5 cavities and some pregnancy teeth issues. I was shocked, I have never had a cavity. I know what Mother would say, that's what I get for skipping a dentist appointment, and slacking on my teeth since I got pregnant.

So today I had to go back for an industrial cleaning. See I've known for sometime that extra calculus builds up on my teeth for some reason and that it covers plaque and stuff. Apparently if I don't go every 6 months like you are suppose to the stuff gets hard enough that it has to be cleaned off. So today they got to saw/drill/buff/whatever my teeth to get all of that off and let me tell you with bleeding gums that's seriously no fun. I get to go back in 8 weeks for them to check on things again, but I have learned my lesson, dentist every 6 months.

You May Also Like

4 random thoughts